22 de abril de 2012

Did I ever tell you about Peter Murphy?


I find you in the morning
 After dreams of distant signs
 You pour yourself over me
 Like the sun through the blinds
 You lift me up
 And get me out
 Keep me walking
 But never shout
 Hold the secret close
 I hear you say

You know the way
 It throws about
 It takes you in
 And spits you out
 It spits you out
 When you desire
 To conquer it
 To feel you're higher
 To follow it
 You must be clean
 With mistakes
 That you do mean
 Move the heart
 Switch the pace
 Look for what seems out of place
On and on it goes
 Calling like a distant wind
 Through the zero hour we'll walk
 Cut the thick and break the thin
 No sound to break no moment clear
 When all the doubts are crystal clear
 Crashing hard into the secret wind

You know the way
 It twists and turns
 Changing colour
 Spinning yarns
 You know the way
 It leaves you dry
 It cuts you up
 It takes you high
 You know the way
 It's painted gold
 Is it honey
 Is it gold
 You know the way
 It throws about
 It takes you in
 And spits you out
 You know the way
 It throws about
 It takes you in
 And spits you out
 It spits you out
 When you desire
 To conquer it
 To feel you're higher
 To follow it
 You must be clean
 With mistakes
 That you do mean
 Move the heart
 Switch the pace
 Look for what
 Seems out of place

It's o.k.
 It goes this way
 The line is thin
 It twists away
 Cuts you up
 It throws about
 Keep me walking
 But never shout.

3 comentários: